Saturday, October 5, 2013

Nutella/Peanut Butter Cookies

I am not sure why cookies, stir up so much excitement.   I am not a fan of Peanut Butter.   Let me just admit it.  I do love peanut butter cups and chocolate.  I had barely some Nutella left, so why not?  The texture of this cookie is so good. 
  I was looking for an excuse to use my new standing mixer.   I purchased a standing mixer, 2 weeks ago.  I was so intimidated by it's beauty and potential power, I just couldn't bring myself to test it out.  Something got into me today.    My husband says they are perfect.  
Special Note:  Use an all natural Peanut butter.  If you are making a gluten free version, with almond flour, some people are sensitive to preservatives too.    You may substitute equal amounts of almond flour for regular, unbleached flour.
Ingredients:
One cup All natural, creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup regular white sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
one large egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract 

After adding dry ingredients, be prepared to add the following:
2 tablespoons Nutella
2 tablespoons whole milk

Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.  (Make adjustments for convection cooking).

Sift together,
One cup unbleached flour Or one cup almond flour
1 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoon baking powder
one pinch of fine salt
 

In a large bowl of an electric mixer (or you can mix it by hand), cream together peanut butter, sugar, egg and vanilla mix for just 2-3 minutes until your mixture is somewhat creamy.
Add your flour mixture and mix until all your ingredients come together.   It will look somewhat dry at this point.
Add your Nutella and 2 tablespoons of milk.   Keep mixing for another minute or so, until everything is smooth and your dough mixture forms a ball.   

Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.  Carefully spoon into your hand and roll into a 2 inch ball.  Place your cookie balls on the sheet, spacing them a few inches apart.  I used the back of a fork and pressed for a classic, peanut butter cookie look.

Bake in the preheated oven for 9-11 minutes.  Keep an eye on them.   They should grow some in the oven. 
Remove from the oven and let cool.
My husband approves. 
Buon Appetito!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment