Monday, May 4, 2009

Waiting time

I was lucky enough to go and visit my parents yesterday for about four hours. Mom is doing pretty good. Even though she doesn't feel great, her spirits are higher. It's because she knows she's done! We talked of eating steaks and salads and hopefully celebrating her "birthday"...which is day one of remission. Mom has her CT Scan on Thursday, and then in two weeks she'll have her CA125 results. If the scan looks good and her numbers went down, they should give us the good news. With the way the numbers have been going, and the fact the treatments seem to be working, dad and I figure her CA125 number should be at 11. It's going to be a long two weeks to hear that number!

We then talked about mom continuing her Avastin trial (if it is, indeed, Avastin) and other options that might be coming up in other trials. Most importantly, we talked about getting her strength up because she is so weak. The prayers seem to be working...mom and dad seem to be getting along well. I thank you so much for all of your thoughts! I promise I will let you know the results as soon as they come in.

No comments:

Post a Comment